Monday, November 24, 2008

North Carolina and Martini Mishaps

so this weekend i went to see one of my bestests and her hubby and new baby in NC. it was a faaaabulous weekend complete with plenty of wine, great food, "Friends", and me ruining my laptop with a very dirty martini.

i took loads of pictures and now i have nowhere to upload them too and worst of all the only place i can get on the internet is at work and there are only certain sites and graphics that come up i.e. no blog pictures EVER!

i wanted to come home and blog about how wonderful my weekend was but now i'm completely nervously worried that my laptop is ruined so bad that i can't get anything off of it. it's not like i lost college work or real work for that matter it's the pictures...oh the pictures! i am a picture FAAANATIC! i take pictures everywhere i go, of everyone i meet, of everything i do and then i get home and upload them onto my computer and make albums and scrap books and print them to be framed...and now i might have lost allllllll of them from the last THREE AND A HALF YEARS!!! it's basically like losing my early twenties (i'm twenty four) a lot happened in those three years though:
my deployment from in the navy; my first apartment; my twenty first birthday; my friend's twenty first birthday; all of my trips to boston, DC, georgia, maine, IL; meeting my husband; meeting my husband's family; basically a photo journal of my dog(i don't have kids); my WEDDING!!!!!!! there is so much more but the point has been made

and now i'm facing the harsh reality that it all might be lost... i know i should i have put it on an external hard drive or backed things up or something but i wasn't thinking about that. i'm always SO damn careful with that laptop and then i went and ruined it. BOOOOO on ME!!

i hope either my husband or some savvy computer person can atleast get the pictures off of there for me. i can always buy a new laptop but i sure as hell can't go back three years and get those pictures. (yes i realize this is basically me whining and bitching but whatever it's my blog and i can do that on here)

moving on, i really did have an absolutely amazing weekend! the first night i got there we immediately started sampling different wines that she had there(it was like 1:30pm when i got there and the baby was napping) and she made these tuna cream cheese roll thingies that were simply amazing! we sat around and chit chatted and she showed me her new house and showed me all the things she wanted to do to it. absolutely beautiful house!! after the baby woke up we played with him for a bit, then his daddy took him to get a flu shot. next was dinner, best ribeye steaks EVER! i have no idea what he did but they were yuuuuu-uuum!! after dinner it was time for Friends Scene It Trivia DVD Game! and i'm simply the best at that game! i totally kicked their asses! after the game, was when we broke out the vodka and olive juice for dirty martinis. after a few of these i got careless with my orangutan arms and knocked over the last little bit into my laptop. some blue screen with white letters came up and said something along the lines of "i'm now going to ruin your life, you drunk bitch" and then i flipped out(drunk) and called my husband begging and pleading with him to just fix it pleeeease! at this moment i was far to drunk to realize the intensity of my screw up. he told me to turn it off and calm down, and that's what i did. we continued on drinking martinis and laaaaaaughing at everything. we ended the night early.

saturday started off bright and early,by that i mean sunny and far to bright for someone who spent her evening chugging vodka, also me with the worst headache that i have ever had! it was awful, i woke up and felt fine. i stood up and it was like my brain SLAMMED into my forehead at about 874 MPH. it was so painful i was actually crying as i walked to the bottle of motrin downstairs. thinking back now i usually don't sit down with a bottle of vodka and just go to town. the rest of the day we spent watching football and eating nachos, and quietly preparing ourselves for the drinking that would ensue later on in the evening. the evening began with a tapas dinner set in this super awesome arabian restaraunt. (had we stayed later we would have enjoyed the belly dancers complete with their own band) the food was alright, the first time i ever lamb chops, they were De-Lish!! and it just happened to be a speciatly martini bar! i stayed clear of just straight vodka and enjoyed a few fruity martinis, complete with GLOWSTICKS! i was truly in drunk girl heaven. after dinner we headed down town for some good ole fashioned bar hopping. the first place we went was an oyster bar for drunk singles over the age of 45, definitely not our scene so after a drink and some oysters(<--BLEHK!) off we went. the next place was supposed to be an irish bar...this just happened to be an irish bar with an 80s hair band cover band...it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! i thought, but my friends not so much...after three beers and two shots off we went. we ended up at ...guess?...a MARTINI BAR!!! so once more we drowned the rest of our giggles out with the slurping of some very delicious and wonderfully colored martinis. it was getting late so we decided to head out but not before buying $6 hot dogs from a street vendor! but i will say they were by far the GREATEST hot dogs ever made, or it could have just been the fifth of vodka coursing through my blood stream, eh who knows?!

the next morning i got up early and headed home to spend some quality time with my new husband. we went on a date and it was wonderful. mimosas and a crab martini(<--noticing a pattern) then a very funny movie(role models, seriously go watch it, it's awesome!!) after the movie we headed home and took a walk in the freezing cold with our dog. it was sweet. then bc we're super lame we went to bed at 9:20pm.
all in all(minus the laptop) it was an absolutely divine weekend!
alright i'm done
kristy j

No comments: